We have rebalanced the Nasdaq Inovestor Canadian Index based on our Stockpointer® Canada model portfolio. These trades are effective as of Friday, July 17th after market close. Here are the details of the trades:
1. Thomson Reuters Corp (TRI) – Market Trend. Increase in the discretionary sector as shown by the Top 100 index, therefore, increasing our position in the portfolio.
2. Empire Company (EMP.A) – Market trend. Increase in the Consumer Staples sector.
3. Richelieu Hardware Ltd. (RCH) – Intra-sectorial transaction. In the top of its sector.
1. CCL Industries Inc. Class B (CCL.B) – Market Trend. Decrease in the materials sector as shown by the Top 100 index, decreasing our position in the portfolio.
2. Stella-Jones (SJ) – Market trend. Decrease in the materials sector.
3. Gildan (GIL) – Intra-sectorial transaction. No longer in the top of its sector.
The purpose of rebalancing is to limit idiosyncratic risk associated with individual stocks. The re-balancing process resulted in a 3.5% weight for each on the following stocks: Thomson Reuters Corp. (TRI), Richelieu Hardware (RCH), Empire Company (EMP.A), Dollarama (DOL), Fortis Inc. (FTS) and Winpak (WPK).
1. We have reduced the weight of Constellation Software (CSU) from 11.3% to 9%.
2. We have reduced the weight of Alimentation Couche-Tard (ATD.B) from 10.6% to 9%.